Making salads can be intimidating especially if you are not a seasoned salad savvy chic, so we have come to the rescue to provide kick-ass salad recipes for these months to come so you wont ever suffer “salad block”.
With this salad, you will get so many beauty benefits. The base, Brussels sprouts, has these stellar components:
– Lowers Cholesterol (keep your heart healthy).
– Lowers inflammation because they contain a decent amount of Omega-3’s (hello, glowing skin).
– Packed with vitamins A, C, E (antioxidants..another advocate for glowing skin).
– Filled with dietary fiber to keep you full, slim and helps get rid of the toxic sludge that builds up over time.
An added beauty benefit bonus? The walnuts in this recipe keep your skin, hair and nails hydrated and resilient with the help from Vitamin E, folate, Vitamin B6, and Omega 3 and 6.
So seriously, why would you not want to make this salad right now when you know that your beauty will be enhanced from with in? All this talk, let’s get to the recipe.
Here we go.
- - 1 bag of brussel sprouts
- - 1 handful of walnuts
- - 2 tsp maple syrup
- - 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- - 2 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- - 1/3 cup dried cherries
- - 3 tbsp olive oil
- - 3 tbsp Romano cheese, shaved
- Rinse well and chop up/shred all of the brussel sprouts in the bag.
- Toss in the walnuts, dried cherries, nutritional yeast, and Romano cheese.
- Mix in all the wet ingredients (olive oil, maple syrup, apple cider).
- Top with shaved Romano cheese, and serve.
This salad is great to serve with a warm bowl of chili or an avocado sandwich. Eat this and enjoy all the beauty benefits!