The one thing we know from our vegan friends; vegans want to eat pizza too! That is why we made a butternut squash, walnut pesto and white bean sauce pizza. This recipe calls for a food processor or high speed blender so that we can blend two different concoctions to top on our vegan pizza.
Ladies who don’t like to cook or don’t want to spend a lot of time cooking, don’t fret. Here are two little cooking hacks we used to cutting down our cooking time:
– If you have your produce for the week prepped on a Sunday, (ex: onions chopped and in tupperware, fresh herbs chopped and stored) you will only have to use a processor for this recipe for about 10 minutes.
– Make your sauces and mixtures in bulk. This way you will save time on blending when you make a similar meal. We freeze any concoctions or homemade sauces if we don’t think they will be used within 5 days.
Now that we are prepared to take on this vegan pizza expedition, let’s check out the recipe:
Vegan Butternut Squash and Walnut Pesto Pizza
Prep Time: 13 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Number of servings: 2
This vegan butternut squash recipe will fill you up and keep you satisfied!
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- Himalayan Salt and Pepper to season
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- Himalayan Salt and pepper to taste
- Ezekiel Sprouted Tortilla
- 1 butternut squash sliced into thin circles
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 cup of Daiya vegan mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 450
- In a food processor, blend the ingredients together for the bean sauce for about 3-4 minutes until smooth.
- Pour into a tupperware container and set aside.
- In the same food processor, blend the ingredients together for the walnut pesto for about 5-6 minutes until well blended
- Pour into a tupperware container and set aside
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and smooth on a film of coconut oil
- Set the sprouted tortilla on the baking sheet and spread the walnut pesto on top as the base sauce (make sure this layer is thin)
- As the second layer, spread the white bean sauce
- Place the spinach on top as the third layer
- Set the butternut squash slices around the pizza as the fourth layer
- Drizzle the Daiya mozzarella cheese as the fifth layer
- Place the pizza in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until crispy, and serve!