Have a trip coming up that you want to feel toned and fit for? Read on to learn how to get beach body ready:
Every time there’s a vacation on the horizon that consists of beachin’ it up, I have a special little routine that I follow to make sure that I’m feeling fit and confident in the sand. I’ll be traveling to Cancun to stay at the fabulous Le Blanc Resort and will basically be living in a bikini for four days while there. So, I’m sharing how I prepare for a beach vacation to look and feel my best. Now this isn’t about how to drop a sh*t ton of weight before a vacation, because that’s not balanced, but simply how to tighten and tone that booty and whatever else your heart desires while you’re prancin’ around on the beach.
The goal is to maintain your healthiest body without giving in to anxiety about the upcoming beach season. So I’ve rounded up some ways that I get myself beach body ready to motivate and help you get ready for the summer season, and the confidence to hit the beaches. So go shopping for that swimsuit that makes you look your best and check out these tips for inspiration on getting ready to hit the sand!
The Balanced Babe Guide: How To Get Beach Body Ready
- Make simple changes to what you’re eating – Many of us become self conscious about getting a “flat tummy” in time for our next beach vacation or when the weather warms up. Looking and feeling bloated is one of the biggest problems that I hear from readers, and eliminating a bloated belly can be easily de-flated by making small changes to their diet. Use this list below to help you minimize bloat inducing foods, so avoid these:
- Carbonated beverages
- Sugary foods
- Refined flour (pasta, breads, baked goods etc) – I tend to eliminate grains completely about a week before I’m on the beach just for extra definition. If you decide to do this, make sure you eat multiple small meals throughout the day that consists of protein and fiber so that you never feel hungry and to maintain your energy levels.
- Cruciferous veggies: broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts
- Onions (yes onions can make you bloat/give you gas)
- Foods to include more of pre-trip: Hydrating foods (here’s a quick article on how eating hydrating foods helps you debloat and feel fabulous), and foods rich in potassium.
- Hydrate like there’s no tomorrow: I always try to do this, but especially before a beach trip I make sure to drink between 3-4L of water a day to stay hydrated (here’s a more detailed article on why I do this). I also stock up on coconut water which is packed with electrolytes to balance fluid levels to de-bloat.
- Eliminate booze, completely: I know this sucks to hear, but I eliminate alcohol completely for about 2 weeks before a beach vacation. Alcohol dehydrates you, which can make you retain water weight, and it also inhibits your ability to burn fat. And if you’re like me then there’s the issue of eating greasy foods like french fries whilst intoxicated. Talk about hindering your efforts.
- Fake it till you make it – I don’t lay out in the sun when I vacation (because who wants to age their skin? not me), and if I do I slather on the sunscreen for protection. So what I do ahead of time is apply a self-tanner so that I’m already bronzed upon arrival. We all know that a spray tan defines our muscles and helps us look toned. My favorite self-tanner is Vita Liberata, they have mits and everything for easy application.
- Kick your metabolism into high gear – I shared what I do each day to rev up my metabolism, so you can also use this as a guide to add to your beach body regimen.
Also rounding up some workouts that you can do at home to prepare you for your beach getaway:
- Sculpting Moves To Get You Bikini Ready
- Here’s a workout using light weights from Women’s Health
- This is a 21 day fitness plan that you can start now just in time for your spring break vacation
- And here’s a total body weight only workout that you can do to tone up
- Let’s not forget the booty exercises
Ways To Get Your Skin Glowing This Beach Season
- Dry Body Brushing is great for exfoliation to improve the texture and smoothness of your skin while helping remove toxins through lymphatic drainage.
- A Springtime Botanical Beauty Ritual gives you a head start on welcoming the upcoming warmer weather by incorporating lighter meals and transitioning to a lighter beauty routine.
- Beautiful Skin Starts From Within! Get that summer skin glowing with foods that promote a balanced, healthy diet.
Remember, it’s not about how much weight you can lose before your tropical getaway, but how strong, toned and confident you can feel.