Lately, I’ve been doing one thing that has been helping my juicing habit sustain itself beyond buying already made juice cleanses. I buy about 3 large 10 qt mason jars and juice three different juices every Sunday so that I can do my 3 day juice cleanse once a month.
This way, I’m not juicing daily and cleaning a juicer/blender daily. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
Juicing in bulk also allows me to pack juices during the week when I’m on the go. This also saves me money (I spend around $50-$60 on produce to last me 3 days) vs. spending $120 or even up to $180 on already made juice cleanses.
That can really add up!
Anyway, I typically juice three different blends and then I create a nut milk to satisfy my sweet craving at night. When I do my monthly “juice cleanse”, I like switching off between dark leafy green blends and water/cucumber/lemon based juices so that I’m giving my taste buds variety throughout the day.
So to start, I want to share one of my water/cucumber/lemon based juices with you! This one is great to drink in the morning, and seriously jump starts energy and metabolism. Read on for the benefits!
Jalapeno Pear Juice. The Benefits:
- Gives your metabolism a boost: The jalapeno that I use in this juice recipe kick starts metabolism and increases your internal body temperature which studies have shown boost calorie burning. Yes please.
- Hydrates: Adding cucumber to this juice gives you some serious hydration with the added vitamins and minerals. If you’ve had a night out drinking – I would suggest drinking this juice blend as a recovery drink as well.
- De-Bloats: Adding lemon (a lot of lemon) in this juice acts as a natural diuretic which can help you de-bloat. The lemon also adds a boost of antioxidants and if you’re an avid reader of Balanced Babe, you know the benefits of getting your daily dose of antioxidants.
- Vitamins & Minerals: Between all of the ingredients in this recipe, you’re getting: vitamin E, B2, C, K, potassium, copper, magnesium and biotin. That’s a lot of beauty boosting properties!
So let’s get to the recipe!
Jalapeno Pear Juice
- 1 cucumber
- 1 pear
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 celery stalks
- 3 lemons
- Juice all ingredients except the lemons in your juicer
- Cut in half and squeeze the lemons into the juice mix
- Shake up in a sealed jar
- Serve and drink up!
Voila! Easy peasy juice recipe – let me know how you like it!