So football season is here and to be honest I don’t watch football at all, but I can still entertain for all my football loving friends. I stopped by Windy City LIVE to share these special plant-based comfort foods to make for your next big bash and I am beyond happy that Val and Ryan *actually* liked my vegan mac n cheese and spinach dip. Yasssss.
These recipes can obviously be made for any occasion. I will admit that I make these vegan sweet potato nachos all to myself for dinner, sorry not sorry. Each recipe can be made completely vegan, or you can incorporate dairy as you wish. I’m not here to judge 🙂
CAULIFLOWER CRUST PIZZA
- 2 bags of frozen chopped cauliflower
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup of oat flour
- 1 tbsp almond meal
- 1 egg or a “flax egg”
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Dried oregano, basil, and black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Pulse cauliflower in food processor until it looks almost like snow dust.
3. Strain with cloth or cheese cloth (you really need to strain all the water out or else the mixture will not hold together).
4. Combine the remaining ingredients into the large bowl and hand mix with a large spoon or whisk until thoroughly combined.
5. Spread the dough on a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
6. I like to make sure that my crust is at least an inch thick
7. Bake at 450 degrees for about 10-15 minutes depending on h.ow thick your crust is.
8. Take out of the oven and top with your topping of choice.
9. Bake for another 10-15 minutes at 420 degrees or until everything on the top melted, and enjoy!
CHEESELESS MAC ‘N’ CHEESE
Ingredients: Cheese spread
- 1 cup of cashews (soaked for 1 hour or longer)
- 1 package of silken tofu
- 3/4 cups of nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 package of quinoa noodles (or whatever type of noodles you desire to eat)
1. Blend all ingredients together in blender until smooth
2. Cook the quinoa noodles according to package instructions
3. Add cheese sauce to dish on low heat and stir until warm, it’s that easy!
My spinach dip recipe can be found here: Dairy Free Spinach Dip
Aaaand my sweet potato nacho recipe can be found here: Sweet Potato Nachos
I hope you enjoy, and happy football season (really pumpkin spiced latte season, let’s be honest).