The wonderful thing about simply knowing what recipes and flavors you like is that you can whip up last minute meals in a bowl like I did here. I used leftover bean spread from the veggie burger I made last week, one zucchini left in my fridge, and one avocado that was on the verge of becoming too ripe.
What to do with these random ingredients? Make 1o minute vegan avocado bean bowl, duh. I diced the zucchini, sauteed it in coconut oil and seasoned it with chilli powder, garlic powder and a sprinkle of adobo seasoning. I diced up half of the avocado, threw on some cilantro garnish, and heated up the leftover bean spread. Easy peasy.
I was able to benefit from the healthy fats in the avocado, vitamin B-6 and C from the zucchini, a blend of B vitamins from the nutritional yeast I used in the bean spread, and Iron + magnesium from the white beans. This spur of the moment recipe will give me the energy I need to plow through the rest of a crazy work day. Plus it only takes about 10 minutes to make!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Number of servings: 3
Per Serving 371 calories
Fat 16 g
Carbs 44 g
Protein 23 g
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 cup of white bean spread
- ...1/4 cup of nutritional yeast...
- ...1 can of white bean spread...
- ...sprinkle of garlic powder, pepper, and onion powder...
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 white onion
- Seasonings: 1 tsp chilli powder..1/2 tsp garlic powder...1/2 tsp adobo seasoning...salt + pepper to taste.
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 bunch of cilantro
- Dice the zucchini + white onion and heat up 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a skillet
- Saute the white onion for 5 minutes, add the zucchini and chilli powder, garlic powder and adobo
- Saute for another 3 minutes until tender
- Heat up the bean spread (microwave or stove top)
- Cut up 1/2 an avocado
- Place all in a bowl and top with cilantro and lime
This is now definitely one of my go to quick lunch ideas when I’m crunched on time and haven’t stocked my fridge all week. Once you can get to a point where you enjoy experimenting in the kitchen and you know what types of recipes you like, it will be easier for you to quickly throw together ingredients for simple bowl lunches too! What go-to last minute recipes are your favorites? The less ingredients the better!