We know it is super tempting to indulge in fatty foods and sweets with processed sugars during family gatherings, so today's recipe is a vegan dessert alternative that is frighteningly addictive.
The rich and fluffy peppermint filling is surprisingly made of soaked cashews and coconut cream, and these Enjoy Life Foods vegan chocolate chips are melted for the frosting.
- 1 1/2 cups soaked cashews
- 1 can coconut cream (I used Aroy-D %100 coconut cream)
- 1/4 cups nut milk (I use hazelnut milk but almond milk works well)
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 banana
- 1 bag vegan chocolate chips
- coconut oil spray
- Soak the cashews in a bowl overnight, drain and rinse well.
- In a blender; blend the cashews, coconut cream, nut milk, peppermint extract and banana until smooth and creamy.
- Line a baking tray with saran wrap and spray with the coconut oil spray so the mixture does not stick to the bottom of the tray.
- Level out the filling mixture onto the baking tray, and then place in a freezer for 30-40 minutes until the mixture is frozen.
- When there is about 3 minutes left of freezer time, heat the chocolate chips in a sauce pan until melted.
- Take the filling out of the freezer, and pour the melted chocolate over the mixture and make sure all edges of the mixture are covered.
- Place the baking tray back into the freezer for about 5-7 more minutes. Once the chocolate is hardened, but not frozen, cut the patties into sections, and serve immediately.
I recommend serving this dessert immediately after it has been in the freezer so that the filling does not become too soggy. Some people like the texture of the patty just being refrigerated, it all depends on personal preference.