I’ve been making these zucchini chips probably two or three times a week due to the fact that I’m already obsessed with zucchini, and now I feel like I’m indulging in junk food that is actually healthy. These zucchini chips are so incredibly light and crispy, and only made with 5 ingredients. It’s an extremely simple recipe and a majority of the time spent on creating these bad boys is when they’re in the oven.
Let’s break down some of the reasons why I love cooking with zucchini:
- Zucchini contains a decent amount of minerals like potassium, magnesium, calcium – these minerals support our nervous system, help regulate our fluid levels, and support healthy muscles.
- Like most vegetables, zucchini is extremely low in calorie – so making these chips is ideal if you’re trying to watch your caloric intake.
- Contains vitamins A & C – these vitamins are super antioxidants which can keep our vision and skin healthy, supports our immune system, helps lower blood pressure, and acts as an anti-inflammatory.
- The fiber content in zucchini and the fact that this veggie is extremely hydrating supports natural weight loss by promoting a healthy digestive system. For folks that are looking for a low carb diet zucchini is the way to go and can be extremely versatile. Not only can you make zucchini chips, but zucchini noodles are another popular carb substitute since zucchini contains a very low score on the glycemic index.
So to quickly recap, zucchini is a go-to vegetable when you want to avoid bloating foods, eat highly nourishing and hydrating foods, and when you want to ensure that you’re getting a slew of vitamins and minerals that help numerous systems in your body! Now on to the recipe:
5 Ingredient Zucchini Chips
- 3 medium sized zucchinis
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp of chili powder – divided
- 2 tsp of cumin – divided
- A few shakes of Trader Joe’s chili lime seasoning (I love using this in a lot of my recipes – this is not an ad, it’s truly a seasoning I’m crazy about.)
- Trader Joe’s vegan sour cream for dipping (again, not an ad, just a product I enjoy.)
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees, line two baking sheets with tin foil
- Wash the zucchini and slice them in thin slices.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil, chili powder, cumin, and chili lime seasoning together, add the zucchini slices to the bowl and toss until all slices are well coated.
- Place the zucchini slices on the baking pans and place in the oven. Put the timer on for 15 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, take out the baking pans, flip the slices over, and bake again for another 15 minutes. You may want to check how the slices look 10 minutes in – depending on how thin you slice the zucchini.
- Serve with vegan sour cream (or real sour cream) on the side, and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy making these zucchini chips 🙂 Please feel free to share your other favorite zucchini recipes in the comments below!