Wrinkles can be perceived either as signs of wisdom that you’ve gained over the years or, unsightly results of years of neglecting proper skin care. While you can’t put off wrinkles forever, it pays to keep them off for ten more years so as to keep you always ten years younger than your peers. The good news is; anti-aging need not be expensive because the best wrinkle prevention techniques are either free or found right under your roof. Try these ten easy home remedies for wrinkles:
1. Drink plenty of water. Improve skin moisture and health by drinking plenty of water throughout the day. Water does not only help your body stay hydrated but also helps flush out toxins that damage healthy cells.
2. Load up on powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants inside your body and on your skin are a great 1-2 combination to keep skin wrinkle-free. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals that damage otherwise healthy cells. Make antioxidants your body’s armour from aging.
3. Derive sufficient amounts of trace minerals from food. Trace minerals do wonders to your body just as any other essential vitamin and nutrient do. Though it’s just as difficult to monitor your regular intake of trace minerals, developing healthy food cravings that consists mostly of natural foods rather than processed foods can help make sure that you’re loading up on the good stuff. Zinc helps boost the body’s repair processes, including skin regeneration; while copper and selenium speeds up collagen and elastin production and helps the skin produce them in larger amounts. Foods rich in zinc and copper include legumes and beans, nuts, and sea foods. Foods that contain sufficient amounts of selenium and zinc include eggs, whole grains, and fortified breakfast cereals.
4. Obtain healthy Omega-3 fats and oils from fish and nuts. Omega-3 fatty acids and healthy oils help keep skin glands functioning properly and help skin stay moisturized and elastic as well. Tuna, salmon, and sardines are your best fish sources for these healthy oils; while those on a strictly vegetarian diet can derive these from walnuts, almonds, pistachios, peanuts, and any other type of nut. Particularly pay attention to your fish and nut intake if skin dryness is among your skin issues.
5. Drink to Your Health. Just a cup of cocoa, coffee, and tea provides your body and skin much needed protection from damage caused by free radicals. These drinks are naturally infused with potent antioxidants that have been shown not only to prevent skin damage but reverse wrinkles as well.
6. Enjoy soy foods in moderation. Soy beans contain high amounts of antioxidants called isoflavones that have been shown to help boost collagen production.
7. Apply from the outside. While you’re favorite beauty bar is abounded with anti-aging products that claim to reduce and even reverse evidence backs skin aging, very few. Fortunately, skin care experts seem to be in agreement on a number of active ingredients found in anti-wrinkle beauty bottles that are effective in preventing and reversing wrinkles, among them retinol, peptides, and alpha hydroxy acids. These ingredients help reverse skin aging, boost collagen production, and stimulate the surfacing of new skin, respectively. Make sure to read the label and look for these wrinkle-fighting ingredients.
8. Shield skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays. Use a broad spectrum sunscreen with at least a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 daily. Apply at least 30 minutes before stepping out into the daylight and re-apply throughout the day. Wearing sunglasses, using an umbrella, and any other way to add another protective layer are some great ideas to help block out the sun.
9. Get a sufficient amount of sleep. Give your body and skin time to repair and recover from damage and stress. Get a deep, restful sleep. Listen to soft music, soak in a warm bath or, read an excellent book before hitting the sheets to relax your mind and body.
10. Lighten up on life. Worrying too many causes oxidative stress that releases free radicals into your body, destroying every healthy cell it can crunch on. For your skin, this means growing more wrinkles and making you appear older than you really are. Truly, you can’t derive any kind from stressing out, so practice managing stress better and learn to use more of your head than your emotions as you try to find solutions to life challenges you face. It will also help if you smile more often and worry less.
Staying wrinkle-free requires a lifestyle overhaul. No amount of anti-aging cream and no session of any skin care treatments can beat the anti-aging solutions that can be derived from leading a healthier lifestyle. Simple lifestyle changes give you the best and earliest lead you can ever get in keeping your skin youthful and glowing even as you enter your senior years.
Vaileria Dennis is a Health and Beauty expert, having 10 years of experience in Beauty industry. She works on behalf of ConsumerHealthDigest.com as a content coordinator for the categories Health and Beauty. She is also passionate about fitness, women’s issues and more. In recent years, she has had an opportunity to learn about Food and Nutrition. She always excited to share her ideas related to beauty tips, healthy food recipes, and diet plans.
Photo source: pinterest