Want a fried rice dish without the white carbohydrates? Try this garlic eggplant and cauliflower rice recipe and you will be hooked!
Garlic Eggplant + Cauliflower Rice
After I make any Asian inspired recipe, I wake up the next day with puffy eyes from the sodium and the carbs. Well not this time! I swapped out regular white rice with cauliflower. Bye bye extra carbs! I think this is going to be my new ‘thing’ for a while. I have an undying love for rice and soy sauce when I’m craving something comforting and warm, and cauliflower is now my perfect substitution.
It is quite simple, all you really need to do is pulse loosely chopped cauliflower in a food processor and voila. Rice. You can either microwave it with a paper towel over a microwave safe bowl for 6 minutes, or you can steam it until it becomes tender. Then you can really add any flavoring you want: liquid aminos, ghee butter, Parmesan, nutritional yeast, it’s quite versatile.
You will also benefit from magnesium, Vitamin C, Vitamin b-6, and around 5 grams of carbs in a cup vs. 45 grams of carbs in a cup of white rice! So hello ladies! Why would you not want to try this?!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 tbsp red miso
- 1 tbsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos
- In a food processor, pulse about 2 cups of loosely chopped cauliflower to turn it into a rice texture.
- Place in a steamer over a pan and steam in water until tender for about 10 minutes.
- In a sauteing pan saute the onion and garlic in coconut oil until translucent.
- Cut up the eggplant in large cubes.
- Place the eggplant in the pan and saute for another 5 minutes
- Add the rest of the seasonings and saute until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Serve on a plate and place the steamed cauliflower rice next to it.
04 comments on “Garlic Eggplant + Cauliflower Rice”