Christmas is around the corner which means it’s time for a festive guacamole recipe! I couldn’t be more excited for my favorite holiday. We always celebrate Christmas Eve at my cousin’s ridiculously charming and decorated-to-the-nines house, which is always stocked with amazing appetizers and booze. Of course, Christmas Eve is a cheat day for us at Balanced Babe!
I typically like to create plant-based/vegan appetizers for holiday parties that I’m hosting or attending, and this festive guacamole recipe is most likely the easiest one yet!
Not only is this recipe delicious and refreshing (and topped with pomegranate seeds), but nutrient dense as well. Let’s break down the nutrition facts as always:
- Packed with healthy fats: alpha-linolec acid which is an omega 3 fatty acid.
- A great source of dietary fiber (which helps us maintain our fabulous figures)
- Contains Vitamin E, K, B6, C and folate – all wonderful beauty benefit vitamins
- Supports healthy blood pressure with it’s impressive amount of potassium
- Also rich in fiber (this festive guacamole recipe is an impressive fiber packed remedy which will help you stay fuller, longer!)
- Useful for fighting bacterial infections because of its plant compounds
- Anti-inflammatory – especially for our gut
- Potent antioxidant sources: they even compete with the amount found in green tea and red wine
So with that said, bringing this ultra healthy and nutrient packed appetizer to your Christmas eve or Christmas day party will be a hit! I typically like to prepare my guacamole sans dairy, but if you decide you want to fluff it up with a creamy texture you can always add a dollop of Greek Yogurt (it tastes just like sour cream).
If you want this to remain vegan, you can always add my favorite jalapeno cheese spread from Soul Veg. No this is not sponsored, I just really enjoy this vegan cheese spread.
- 4 medium sized avocados pitted and diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 medium mango, diced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of himalayan sea salt
- 2 tbsp of Soul Vegan Jalapeno Cheese (link below and optional)
- 1 medium pomegranate or already prepared pomegranate seeds from Trader Joes
- In a mixing bowl, mix the already pitted and scooped avocado with the olive oil, lime juice, and salt.
- Once the onion has been chopped as well as the mango, add the mango, onion, cilantro, vegan cheese blend and garlic to the mixing bowl and blend together.
- Once you've transferred your guacamole to a presentation dish, you can then stir in half of your pomegranate seeds into the guacamole, or simply top the guacamole with the pomegranate seeds - whichever you prefer. Serve immediately
- The mango and pomegranate seeds give the guacamole a wonderful refreshing and sweet taste that is not overpowering.
- The mango is completely optional.