This chocolate Greek yogurt mousse recipe will make you drool!
I am SO pumped because this weekend my family and I are heading up to Door County, Wisconsin to eat cheese curds, cherry beer, and go to a restaurant with goats on the roof. Yaas! Because of this I’m trying to prepare the plan for when we are eating at our cute little cottage, and the best idea just dawned on me. I’m staring at a Greek Yogurt container thinking to myself that I have to eat it before I leave my fridge barren for a couple of days, and I’m also at the moment craving some chocolate.
Then it dawned on me..CHOCOLATE GREEK YOGURT MOUSSE. I may or may not be typing with chocolaty fingers as we speak, but it’s ON and poppin’ in the BB kitchen today.
Thank god for my thought of “I’ve gotta eat this yogurt so that it doesn’t go to waste” with the following thought of “me. chocolate. now”. So I can pretty much kill two birds with one stone. We are about to be satisfying some chocolate cravings all while staying balanced and healthy with this Greek yogurt based recipe!
I also got some new product compliments of Madhava Naturally Sweeteners that I’ve been adding to my teas lately. So I was excited to create a quick little dessert using their plant-based sweetener as well!
- 1 container of Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup of Madhava Organic Raw Amber Agave
- 1/2 cup of cacao powder (you can add more if you want it to be, like, REAL chocolaty)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, or anything to dip!
All you do is blend together the ingredients (not the fruit) and you are ready to go with your chocolate Greek yogurt mousse! I’m eating it chilled right now and I’m in h-e-a-v-e-n. I will definitely be making this for our little lake house excursion to nibble on throughout the day when I’m craving something sweet! And to top it off, here are the benefits!
- Probiotics, calcium and protein from the Greek Yogurt
- Feel good endorphins from eating dark chocolate
- Natural sweetness from Madhava Natural Sweeteners low glycemic sweetener. This time I used their amber raw blue agave sweetener. I like using this instead of white table sugar because it’s a plant based alternative and a little goes a long way! I can also add a little squirt of this sweetener to my teas, dressings, and pretty much any recipe that you want to add a touch of sweetness to.
So what do you think? Try making this EXTREMELY simple Greek yogurt fruit dip / mousse for your next trip to have on handy during the day for snacks. It is a great way to get more fruit into your diet (of course – since you are pairing it with something chocolaty), and it take less than 10 minutes to make!
Disclaimer: This post is brought to you by Madhava Natural Sweetener. All opinions, writings, recipe creation and information are my own.
03 comments on “Chocolate Greek Yogurt Mousse with Madhava Sweetener”