We all have those special evenings that we spend extra time preparing for: weddings, fundraisers, birthdays, or a special event. I absolutely love getting ready and pampering myself for a big event and I’ll turn my preparation into blissful routine- turning the lights down low, lighting candles and listening to our favorite music.
Sometimes our skin gets freak-ay out of no where, and a blemish flares up or our face looks dull and tired after a long week. We simply need to add some extra care in our beauty routines! And let’s face it, we take a lot of photos during special events in our lives and these photos are memories that will last us a lifetime. Why not prep our skin so that we look and feel the best we can while creating beautiful memories?
I’m especially excited to talk about skin preparation for a big night out because I’m preparing for a big event myself! I’m lucky enough to be attending this year’s Green Tie Ball happening in Chicago and I couldn’t be more excited! It’s events like these that make me giddy to get dolled up in a dress and smokey makeup. For those of you that don’t know, the Green Tie Ball is an annual event that supports Chicago Gateway Green. CGG is a foundation that works to beautify our expressways and enhancing neighborhoods with community greening projects. This is definitely a glamorous event and will be a night to remember!
So back to our beautifying rituals. We are excited to dish on how to prep your skin for a big night out!
Four to Five days before:
- Get a facial – Indulge in a facial about a week out from a big night as impurities tend to rise to the surface 2-3 days after a facial. About 5 days after I get a facial my skin is looking its best which means a glowy, dewy complexion. I LOVE getting facials from Leah at Leah Chavie Skincare Boutique (I’m also writing a review of my latest treatment from her next week that I am seriously obsessing over). So be sure to keep an eye out for a new article on the latest beauty treatments I am loving!
The night before:
- SLEEP! – Get as much sleep as you can so that you don’t have bags under your eyes and so that you skin doesn’t look dull and tired.
- Spot treatment – Use a spot treatment to treat any pesky blemishes over night so that you are clear and radiant for your big day. Leah gave me her own branded spot treatment that I am SO excited to start using. I love experimenting with beauty products so there will definitely be a review of this soon on BB!
The day of:
I also picked the brain of Leah while I was at her beauty center on how to prep your skin for a big night out, and she shared some great advice that I am taking all day today to beautify myself for tonight!
- Chill your eye cream in the fridge during the day of your big event. Before you put on your makeup, give yourself a quick eye massage with the chilled cream. Massage and tap the area under your eyes to de-puff under eye bags to reveal brighter and more awake peepers.
- In the morning, apply some self tanner like St. Tropez to your arm, legs and decolletage, and use a self tanning face cream to give yourself a nice bronze by the evening.
- Drink water throughout the day to stay hydrated and keep your skin supple.
- Before you get ready – soak in an Epsom salt bath to help drop excess water weight. Pour 3 cups of Epsom salt into hot water and let it sit for a bit before your soak in the bath for 10-15 minutes.
- Before you apply makeup, massage in a fine line smoothing face serum to help the application of your foundation smooth on seamlessly.
During your night out:
Bring blotting papers to prevent oiliness. We recommend rice paper as the packets can fit easily in a small purse!
I will be sure to share photos of tonight’s event and a recap later next week. We would love to hear your own secrets for prepping your skin for a big event, so share in the comments below!