I’m feelin’ breakfast recipes this week so it’s only appropriate for my next one to be another super quick and delicious morning delight! These gluten free and flour-less pancakes (well, they look more like mounds here, but that’s because I made so much!) are only 4 ingredients, and takes about 7 minutes to make.
This is another recipe I usually eat as a dessert at night since it is so sweet to me, but a lot of people enjoy it as a breakfast dish. The two main ingredients? Banana’s and eggs – I know, how can you make pancakes from that?! It is possible, and they are delish!
- 2 bananas, peeled and diced
- 3 whole eggs
- a pinch of ginger and pinch of nutmeg
- berries for garnish
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- mash the two bananas in a bowl, and in a separate bowl, break the two eggs and whisk lightly with a fork.
- pour the whisked eggs into the bowl with the banana, and mix so that all is blended.
- pour the mixture into a heated pan covered with coconut oil, and cook on one side for about 4 minutes, flip the mixture, and then cook about another 4 minutes. Voila!
These “pancakes” will be slightly crumbly, but will taste exactly like pancakes. If you want to experiment with adding flour, I would recommend adding coconut flour or almond meal to keep it gluten free!