If you’re always on the go, taking care of kids, juggling a career and a side hustle, or dating (that’s like another full time job, TBH), then the last thing you want to think about is a complicated recipe. This one pan shrimp asparagus mushroom skillet can be ready in a flash and gives you a healthy dose of all your nutritional needs: healthy fat, protein, carbs, and those essential micronutrients.
I recently spoke about medicinal mushrooms, so I’m on a current (ok I’ve always been on) a mushroom kick. Mushrooms are one of my favorite veggies when sourced from an organic source since they pull a lot of their nutrients from the soil. They contain zinc and iron, two minerals that are linked to beauty boosting benefits as well as helping carry oxygen through your body via the blood – so assisting with healthy circulation. They also are packed with B vitamins which also are known to help with energy levels and assisting with the metabolism of carbs and fat. So many good things to know about mushrooms!
Asparagus as I’ve mentioned time and time again acts as a natural diuretic and is packed with antioxidants and gut health benefits. The red onion is added in there for flavor, and the shrimp is your protein source! I’ve been making quite a bit of recipes with shrimp lately as the already cooked variety is prepared by running cold water to thaw, and can be sautéed with flavoring in a jiffy. If you are vegetarian, you leave out the shrimp of course and make a heaping bowl of mushroom/asparagus deliciousness.
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Half red onion
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms
- More onion powder, more salt n pep n red pep to taste and turmeric to taste
- Put 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee in a skillet and turn heat to medium.
- Add the garlic and onion and saute until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and seasonings and cook for another 4 minutes until shrimp is cooked through. Place shrimp in a bowl to the side
- Add another tbsp to the skillet and add the mushrooms and asparagus . - season with salt and pepper to taste and sauté until asparagus is tender.
- Add the shrimp back to the skillet and mix all together to combine the flavors, serve and enjoy!