Want to enjoy a recipe that has bloat fighting foods? This Asparagus Arugula salad bowl will do the trick!
Many of my clients know that I don’t like putting labels on diets or eating lifestyles. but I do always emphasize the importance of including as many plant-based meals into your day as possible. There are times when I’m eating completely vegetarian or vegan and I feel awesome, but sometimes I veer off my path and that’s OK. With today’s recipe however, it may just be that much easier to sustain a 100% plant based diet.
I want to start making more plant-powered bowls and challenge myself to eat at least one of these bad boys a day (may be a stretch but with preparation anything is possible).
This asparagus arugula salad bowl is filled with some of my favorite bloat blasting foods. I also added a big dollop of vegan jalapeno cheese and Quinoa pesto to give it a creamy texture. Whenever I feel like I have a bit too many salty foods over an indulgent weekend , I like to eat foods that act like natural diuretics. Studies show that these foods include: asparagus, artichoke hearts, and cucumbers to name a few. So next time you’re feeling a bit more rounder than usual, try adding some asparagus to your next meal!
I’ve also realized that making plant-powered bowls like this are quite easy to throw together. Simply toss the ingredients in a bowl, add your dressing of choice, and voila: a big ole’ bowl of nutrient love. I will definitely create more of these to share in the future. They are great to make in bulk and are easy to contain for a “plantiful” lunch on the go. So get your salad bowls out and let’s do this!
- 1 cup frozen asparagus, defrosted trimmed and cooked
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/3 cup Quinoa pesto (or cooked Quinoa mixed with pine-nuts, olive oil and nutritional yeast) optional
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- Cook asparagus as directed on package, set aside or chill in fridge
- Chop the red onion
- In a mixing bowl, toss together arugula, Quinoa pesto (pesto seasoning can be bought here and mixed with cooked Quinoa), and red onion and
- Add the asparagus, juice from 1/2 lemon, balsamic vinegar and olive oil
- Toss all ingredients together and serve