WordPress database error: [Unknown column 'rating_count' in 'field list']
UPDATE `wp_mpprecipe_recipes` SET `rating` = NULL, `rating_count` = '0' WHERE `recipe_id` = '4'
This buttery, Parmesan cauliflower rice with garlicky chicken is SO DELICIOUS. Made with warming flavors of paprika, sriracha sauce, Brummel & Brown buttery yogurt spread, and warming herbs and spices. Perfect for comforting fall recipes or to freeze in batches!
Oh one skillet meals, how I love you so. I’m nearing the end of my pregnancy and let me tell you the last thing I want to do is make recipes that require 10 different pots , pans and tools. Mama just wants the simple, easy recipes that are healthy and tasty. So that’s exactly what I’m going to focus on here on out.
One skillet/one casserole/one pot recipes are going to be my new mantra this year, and I’m sure all of you are happy to jump on board this easier recipe band wagon.
So say hello to my first one skillet recipe, an exceptionally flavorful sriracha Parmesan cauliflower rice skillet with garlicky chicken.
NOW for those of you who are plant based eaters, you can simply replace the chicken with tempeh, tofu, or beans. For pescetarians the flavors/marinades work just as well with shrimp – I want to make sure these one skillet / one pot recipes can be super versatile and adapt to any type of dietary guideline.
Here is what I did to make this recipe easier and healthier to whip up.
— I shopped for frozen RICED cauliflower. Pretty much all major grocery stores have opened their doors to frozen riced cauliflower since it’s just such a trend now. PLEASE stock up on frozen riced cauliflower, you will save yourself so much time making rice dishes. No one wants to cook an entire head of cauliflower and then pulse it in a food processor when you can just completely skip this process and throw in already riced cauliflower in your skillet.
— I used Brummel & Brown Yogurt Spread to give this recipe an ultra buttery taste, but without unhealthy trans fat and cholesterol that you’d find in real butter. This Brummel & Brown Yogurt Spread is made with plant based oils, purified water, and real yogurt! It contains 50% less fat and calories than butter, and has 0 trans fat and 0 cholesterol. I love the rich flavor in the original Brummel & Brown spread and how I can use it in all sorts of recipes. If you want to try out Brummel & Brown for yourself you can grab the digital coupon below offering $1.00 off any (1) Brummel & Brown spread (valid dates: 9/4/18 – 10/13/18) at your local Jewel Osco.
— Everything is created in ONE skillet which means you only need to clean ONE pot – a baby Jesus miracle. Let’s get to the recipe already shall we?
- 4 boneless chicken breasts or filets
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp Italian spice blend of your choice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 package of 16oz frozen or prepared cauliflower rice
- 2 tbsp Brummel & Brown Spread
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce or hot sauce
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- Juice from 1 lemon
- In a large mixing bowl, add the garlic powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, olive oil and vinegar and mix well. Arrange the chicken breasts in the bowl and with your hands or with tongs make sure all the marinade covers the chicken. Leave in the fridge to marinade for about 15 minutes. If desired you can marinade the chicken for up to 3 hours in the fridge before you decide to make this recipe.
- In a skillet on low-medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the Brummel & Brown spread. Place the chicken breasts in the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until the inside of the breasts are no longer pink. I like to cut the chicken into smaller strips or peaces to ensure that they are fully cooked. Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove the breasts from the skillet and set aside on a serving plate. Do not drain the pan of any leftover marinade or juices.
- In the same skillet, add the diced onion and garlic and cook on medium heat until they are translucent. Add the hot sauce and another tbsp of Brummel & Brown if you desire, as well as juice from half of the lemon and mix well.
- Add the frozen cauliflower and chicken/vegetable stock and stir. Let it all cook for about three minutes and then add the remaining juice from the other half of the lemon, parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- Return the chicken breasts to the skillet to reheat. Serve with extra parmesan or black peppercorns and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, be sure to share your images on Instagram or Twitter and tag us at @balanced_babe or use the hashtag #balancedbabe!