It’s a great feeling when you have mastered an indulgent meal by making it healthy! There are many nights when I’m working long hours and just want to inhale something full of carbs that will expand in my tummy and keep me feeling full and content. Yes, that is right, veggie lovers need to eat heavy foods too! Lucky for all of us carb lovers, I have crafted a gluten-free eggplant and cauliflower pizza recipe that will literally satisfy any “carby” craving, but won’t leave you feeling groggy and backed up. Girls, you know this is no-bueno.
As I have stated before, I tend to only eat grains or carbohydrates in the evening and focus on eating fruits, vegetables, legumes and all of the other super-food groups during the day. Why? To help keep my digestive track clean and clear (more on this in a future post). This pizza recipe is ideal for a dinner delight. I make this for a movie night or weekend when I just want to get cozy.
How is it healthier than a typical pizza? Let me enlighten you; my “white sauce” is actually mashed cauliflower oozing with garlic and herbs, the crust is gluten-free, it’s doused with spinach, red pepper and eggplant, and topped with goat-cheese. Uh- YUM. Don’t fret vegans, you can easily make this without the cheese. Try sprinkling nutritional yeast all over the top for a great nutty, cheesy flavor. Here is how it’s done:
- 1 gluten-free pizza crust: I use Udi’s Gluten-Free Brand
- 1 eggplant- sliced
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 1/3 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- sprinkle of: oregano, basil, thyme, himalayan salt and pepper, vegetable roast seasoning
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 white onion
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- heat an oven to 450 degrees
- steam 1/2 head of cauliflower until tender
- add the steamed cauliflower to a blender or food processor with a sprinkle of each seasoning listed above, the garlic and onion. Blend until smooth
- Spread the cauliflower mixture over the gluten-free pizza crust
- lay the pizza crust on an oiled baking sheet
- top the pizza crust and cauliflower with spinach, red peppers and sliced eggplant
- sprinkle the top with goat cheese or nutritional yeast and the rest of the seasonings
- throw in the oven for about 15-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Voila!
03 comments on “Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Eggplant, Cauliflower, Basil, and Goat Cheese Pizza”