When you’re on the run and don’t want to buy processed items, these no bake cinnamon apple energy bites are the perfect grab and go snack.
Many of us love noshing on granola bars and energy boosting snacks, but without all the added sugars and processed ingredients. Because we’re all about making eating healthy easier here at Balanced Babe, we created a simple recipe to help you with smarter snacking. This no bake energy bite recipe is like a bite-sized granola bar with simple and nurturing ingredients!
It’s packed with old fashion oats, chewy dried apple slices, dates, cinnamon, and all sorts of additional super foods. You can make a recipe like this as simple or as intricate as you want, and large quantities will be sure to last you all week.
Oatmeal is one of the main ingredients in our no bake cinnamon apple energy bites, and for good purpose! It’s considered a whole grain powerhouse for numerous reasons. Since oatmeal does contain protein and is a complex carb, it can help boost your energy levels. It’s also considered low glycemic which means it won’t spike your blood sugar causing you to crash, feel groggy, and crave more carbs. Not only does it help you feel fuller longer, it also has beauty benefits as well. Some sources state that oatmeal helps stabilize the skin’s pH which helps alleviate irritation and dryness.
No Bake Cinnamon Apple Energy Bites
- 2 cups of New Zealand sweet apple rings (you can get them from Trader Joe’s)
- 10 dates
- 1 cup of old fashion oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
- Slice and de-pit the dates
- Add the apple rings, dates, and old fashion oats (uncooked) in a food processor and pulse for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chia seeds, walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg and pulse again until the mixture starts to stick together.
- Once well blended, take about a golf ball size amount of the mixture out from the processor and roll it in between your hands in the shape of a ball.
- Depending on how big your energy bites are, you should be end up with between 10-15