These rose petal beauty remedies will enlighten your senses for a relaxing and self-care filled Weekend.
Roses aren’t just used as Valentine’s Day presents anymore. These beautiful and fragrant flowers have therapeutic benefits that are used in a slew of holistic beauty and wellness remedies. For my next spa sesh at home, I’ll be planning the ultimate holistic self-care night. I’ll be using rose petals in a couple of my herbal beauty recipes this weekend to calm my mind and soothe my skin.
Rose petals have a slew of beauty boosting properties such as antibacterial, anti-inflammatory uses. They also act as a natural astringent to help tighten pores and keep skin firm and glowing. These flower petals are also a staple in Ayurvedic medicine and are used to soothe and cool our mind and body.
These three romance inducing holistic beauty remedies can be used for a spa night in with your man or gal, or before a special date night, OR just because you d@mn feel like it.
Rose Petal Beauty Remedies for Valentine’s Day Weekend
Rose Vanilla Bath
- 1 cup epsom salt
- 1/4 cup dried rose petals
- 10 drops vanilla essential oils
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- Crush the dried rose petals in a bowl
- In a mixing bowl, blend together the epsom salts, petals, and baking soda
- Pour the mixture into your bath as you’re running the water
- Once in the bath, add the 10 drops of vanilla essential oils to the water
- Relax, and detox!
Rose Face Mask
- 4 tsp dried rose petals
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 5-6 drops rose essential oils
- 2 tbsp sandalwood powder
- Crush the rose petals
- In a mixing bowl, blend together the petals, water, honey, and sandalwood powder
- Add the rose essential oils and blend again
- Place on face in an even distribution and let sit for about 10-15 minutes
- Gently wash off and complete your skin care routine
Notes: I like adding sandalwood powder to this face mask because it adds a nice warming contrast to the mask and gives my complexion a boost of brightening properties. It is also another great anti-inflammatory and antiseptic ingredient for skin.
Oil Controlling Facial Toner
- 3 cups water
- 1/3 cup rose petals
- 1/4 cup witch hazel
- Bring water to boil in a sauce pan
- Add the rose petals and turn off heat. Let steep for 30 minutes
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl, and add the witch hazel
- Stir and let cool
- Place in a spray bottle and use as a facial toner after you apply your face mask and before you add your moisturizer
Besides these delicious rose petal beauty remedies, I hope your Valentine’s Day is filled with self-love, pampering, and plant based menus! If you make your own self-care ritual for this special weekend, share with us in the comments to spread inspiration!