These rose petal beauty remedies will enlighten your senses for a relaxing and self-loving Valentine’s Day Weekend.
Roses aren’t just used as Valentine’s Day presents anymore. These beautiful and fragrant flowers have therapeutic benefits that are used in a slew of holistic beauty and wellness remedies. This Valentine’s Day, I’ll be planning the ultimate holistic self-care night. To get into a romantic and festive mood, I’ll be using rose petals in a couple of my herbal beauty recipes this weekend to calm my mind and soothe my skin.
Rose petals have a slew of beauty boosting properties such as antibacterial, anti-inflammatory uses. They also act as a natural astringent to help tighten pores and keep skin firm and glowing. These flower petals are also a staple in Ayurvedic medicine and are used to soothe and cool our mind and body.
If you read my article yesterday, I shared a festive roasted basil beet dip to prepare for your V-day ritual. Now, I’m happy to share three romance inducing holistic beauty remedies to get you into the Hallmark holiday spirit.
Rose Petal Beauty Remedies for Valentine’s Day Weekend
Rose Vanilla Bath
- 1 cup epsom salt
- 1/4 cup dried rose petals
- 10 drops vanilla essential oils
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- Crush the dried rose petals in a bowl
- In a mixing bowl, blend together the epsom salts, petals, and baking soda
- Pour the mixture into your bath as you’re running the water
- Once in the bath, add the 10 drops of vanilla essential oils to the water
- Relax, and detox!
Rose Face Mask
- 4 tsp dried rose petals
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 5-6 drops rose essential oils
- 2 tbsp sandalwood powder
- Crush the rose petals
- In a mixing bowl, blend together the petals, water, honey, and sandalwood powder
- Add the rose essential oils and blend again
- Place on face in an even distribution and let sit for about 10-15 minutes
- Gently wash off and complete your skin care routine
Notes: I like adding sandalwood powder to this face mask because it adds a nice warming contrast to the mask and gives my complexion a boost of brightening properties. It is also another great anti-inflammatory and antiseptic ingredient for skin.
Oil Controlling Facial Toner
- 3 cups water
- 1/3 cup rose petals
- 1/4 cup witch hazel
- Bring water to boil in a sauce pan
- Add the rose petals and turn off heat. Let steep for 30 minutes
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl, and add the witch hazel
- Stir and let cool
- Place in a spray bottle and use as a facial toner after you apply your face mask and before you add your moisturizer
Besides these delicious rose petal beauty remedies, I hope your Valentine’s Day is filled with self-love, pampering, and plant based menus! If you make your own self-care ritual for this special weekend, share with us in the comments to spread inspiration!