I’m super duper excited for summer not only because I don’t have to look like the Michelin man, but because I can eat light and chilled salads and feel satisfied! This is such an exciting season for myself and other salad lovers. The right veggies are in season, and fresh zesty salads are popping up everywhere on dining menus.
One of my favorite salad recipes for summer is a kale, carrot, quinoa and sunflower seed concoction. Not only does it taste great, but its great for you. Why are consumers so crazy for kale? Let me tell you:
– High in iron: helps keep you energized and fights chronic fatigue by transporting oxygen consistently throughout the body.
– High in Vitamin A, C, K: this blend of vitamins is known to help prevent blood clotting, cellular turnover in the skin (hello beautiful face), and helps keep the immune system strong
– Anti-Inflammatory: kale contains omega 3 fatty acids which is known to decrease inflammation in the body
– Detoxes liver: kale contains sulfur which helps guide the detoxification process
- – 1 1/2 cups Kale
- – 2 carrots (shaved)
- – 1/3 cup quinoa (cooked)
- – 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- – 1 tbsp olive oil
- – 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- – 1/2 lemon (squeezed)
- – pinch of: oregano and basil
- – sprinkle of nutritional yeast
- Shave the carrots, rinse the kale, and toss all of the ingredients! Super easy!