Ok tell me – what is your favorite type of juice or smoothie?
Mine is hands down cashew milk.
You know the last bottle of the day you are supposed to drink that is a little bit (ok maybe a lot) creamier than the green juices you guzzled all afternoon?
Yea – nut milks. I am officially crazy for nut milks. Whenever I’m having sugar cravings I now reach for my homemade nut milk because, DANG! It hits the spot.
I always thought making cashew milk would be a huge endeavor and that I would end up feeling disappointed with the results. Yet what ended up happening my first go at making my own? It tastes JUST like all your favorite nut milks from all your favorite juice companies.
If you made my green juice recipe from last week, you will love this nut milk recipe even more since it’s pretty much like the cherry on top. It’s creamy, pumpkiny (this may not even be a word but I’m makin’ it up!), and truly satisfies my sugar cravings.
Pumpkin Spice Cashew Milk
- 2 cups of cashews (whole or pieces)
- 3 cups filtered water
- 5 dates
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- sprinkle of crushed clove
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Place the cashews in a bowl and fill with water until the cashews are just covered
- Soak for about 4 hours or overnight
- Drain and rinse the cashews
- In a blender add the cashews, filtered water and blend for about 2 minutes until smooth and creamy, then add the remaining ingredients and blend for another 2-3 minutes
- Store the milk in a covered container or jar in the fridge. It will last between 3-4 days
In other news, I met a pretty rad guy, Michael Carbone, who has a crazy inspirational podcast, The Unleash Yourself Podcast. I was invited to share my story of how Balanced Babe came to life and my strategies for a balanced and successful life. Want to listen in? You can do so here! To break it down for you, I talked about:
- What I learned from becoming a fashion model at the age of 11 years old.
- My intense ‘ah-ha’ moment that allowed me to realize how unhappy and unhealthy I was, and the process I followed to create massive change in my life.
- The exact process I followed to stop smoking 1 pack of cigarettes per day.
- What it means to live a Balanced Babe lifestyle.
- How to use self-love techniques to overcome self-doubt.
- Why you need to stop living vicariously through other people’s Instagram or Facebook pages and so much more!
So tune in, babes: michaelcarbone.ca/017
Also – let me know if you try my cashew nut milk recipe! If so, tell me how you like it in the comments. Maybe you will want to add some different spices to mix up the flavor – you can be totally creative!