This roasted basil beet dip recipe is V-day inspired and will be sure to bring a wealth of nutrients in every bite!
Many of my single lady friends start to get a bit down and out over this Hallmark Holiday. I suppose it’s because of societies ideal that on V-Day, we should be romancing our significant other until the sun comes up the next day.
Instead of feeling sorry for yourselves, round up your girlfriends and have your own V-Day party. Or better yet, make yourself a beautiful spread of plant-based munchies and give yourself a spa night followed by a movie marathon. Heck, that’s what I do every Sunday.
This Valentine’s Day weekend I’ll be making these romance inspired recipes:
Dandelion Detox Smoothie to awaken and rev up my digestion in the morning. For lunch, a vegan tomato soup and beauty boosting brussel sprout salad. For dinner, I’ll be making some of my Italian inspired favorites: Vegan Zucchini Pasta with a side of dairy free and grain free minestrone soup. To end the night on a sweet note, a Chocolate Mousse dip with fruit will be enjoyed while watching my favorite chick flicks.
As a Valentine’s Day inspired appetizer or snack, I’m making a basil beet spread that maintains a healthy immune system, boosts stamina and supports natural detoxification.
Roasted Basil Beet Dip:
- 1 package of cooked beets (you can find these at Mariano’s here in Chicago or Trader Joes)
- 1 cup of cooked chickpeas
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- pepper and himalayan salt to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Loosely chop the cooked beets
- In a food processor, blend the beets and chicpeas
- Add the lemon, vinegar, and olive oil and blend until smooth
- Add the garlic, basil salt and pepper and blend again until
- top with chopped basil or as itself and serve