We’ve all been there before, craving something warm and comforting that will stick to our tummies for a while. In this situation, making a batch of vegan zucchini pasta is the answer (I mean, it is probably the answer to all of our cravings).
Not only is this recipe vegan, but it is gluten-free, wheat-free, and pretty much free of everything except for being delicious. Oh, and it’s super easy to make. I make the tomato sauce from scratch, but you could cut corners and buy Passata sauce which is purely just pureed tomatoes with about .5 mg of salt added.
- 2 zucchinis – washed
- 4 vine tomatoes
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 1 white onion and 3 garlic cloves
- pinch of: oregano, basil, thyme, sage
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Heat the coconut oil in a sauce pan and chop the onion and garlic.
- Saute the garlic and onion until translucent.
- Chop the tomatoes and add to the pan and saute until you get a creamy base.
- Sprinkle nutritional yeast for a nutty cheesy flavor
- As the tomatoes are simmering, add the seasonings to set in more flavor
- In another pan – heat coconut oil and medium heat
- With a vegetable peeler, peel the zucchinis so that you get noodle like strips.
- Once the zucchinis are peeled – add the zucchini to the separate sauce pan and saute lightly until cooked.
- Once cooked – transfer to a plate and top with the tomato mixture – slightly mix together and enjoy!
Do you make veggie pastas? Share your favorite recipe!
06 comments on “Vegan Zucchini Pasta”