Happy Memorial Day to everyone! I hope your day is spent filled with laughter, family, friends, amazing (healthy) food, and most importantly giving a moment to recognize the men and women who have served our country to fight for each and every one of us.
If you are still rolling out of bed from a Sunday night spent staying up late, and you have no idea what to bring to the BBQ or get together, I have the perfect recipe option that is quick to make and takes little concentration.
I used a mix of mustard greens, collard greens, spinach, and Swiss chard. You will be getting a plethora of vitamins from this power house batch of vegetables, and amazing flavor to boot. I find myself eating the whole pot in one sitting (I love filling up on leafy greens).
I recently received a goodie bag of Massel products to cook with, and I have been using up all the products for the past couple of weeks and loving the flavor it adds to my dishes. Each product is gluten-free, vegan, and are made of herbs and vegetables, but can imitate flavors like chicken or beef stock. I incorporated the vegetable liquid stock into this recipe to add an extra boost of flavor to my greens. Here is the full recipe!
- 2 cups Swiss Chard
- 1cup spinach
- 1 cup mustard greens
- 1 cup collard greens
- 1 white onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- pinch of Spice Panda Vermont Maple seasoning blend
- 4 tbsp Massel vegetable liquid stock
- pinch of: chilli powder, veggie roast seasoning, thyme, pepper, oregano, parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups of filtered water
- Coat a soup pan with olive oil, dice the onion and garlic and sautee until both are translucent, about five minutes. Then add the 3 cups of water and liquid stock.
- Add the mustard greens, collard greens and Swiss chard in small batches and cook until tender.
- Add the spinach and seasonings- simmer for about 10-15 minutes to lock in the flavor, cool and then serve!
Disclaimer: Massel sent me complimentary samples to cook with. All opinions and words are my own.
02 comments on “Mixed Greens”